Below are key outcomes from initiatives of Destination NSW aimed at supporting the development of conferencing and business events in regional NSW.
NSW Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program
The Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program was designed to help stakeholders create new business events and bring existing business events to regional NSW, and enrich the events with opportunities offered by iconic towns and regions while also helping secure successful conferences and events for their future.
The 2017/18 Seed funding, offered between 4 August 2017 and 30 June 2018 (up to a maximum of $100,000), was matched dollar-for-dollar by local communities, councils, entrepreneurs, associations, professional conference organisers etc. Thirty three applicants received funding towards their business events under this Pilot Program.
Stakeholders wanting more information about the current funding program can go to the Business Event Development Fund page under the Resources main menu item.
Destination Network Scholarships
As part of the NSW Government’s $6 million Regional Conferencing Strategy & Action Plan, Destination NSW partnered with Meetings and Events Australia (MEA), the peak body representing the events industry in Australia, to offer eighteen scholarships to people in regional NSW to undertake a Diploma of Event Management.
Congratulations goes to the following scholarship recipients:
- Rachel Merton – Country and Outback
- Jade Kerin – Country and Outback
- Meredith Abrams – Country and Outback
- Tanya Watts – North Coast
- Anna Podgorczyk – North Coast
- Tayla Mepham – North Coast
- Hannah Fitzsimon – Riverina Murray
- Meghen Harris – Riverina Murray
- Hannah Gebert – Riverina Murray
- Tahlia Braunack – Southern NSW
- Michelle Stuart – Southern NSW
- Brooke Watson – Southern NSW
- Ivan Skaines – Sydney Surrounds North
- Maddie Dean – Sydney Surrounds North
- Emma Tague – Sydney Surrounds North
- Jo Halios-Lewis – Sydney Surrounds South
- Hope Prosser – Sydney Surrounds South
- Samantha Gill – Sydney Surrounds South
For more information regarding the Diploma of Event Management course please go to the Meetings and Events Australia (MEA) Website.