Below are key outcomes from initiatives of Destination NSW aimed at supporting the development of conferencing and business events in regional NSW.
Destination NSW and Regional NSW operators participated at the Asia Pacific Incentives Meetings Event (AIME) in February 2019 in Melbourne.
Destination NSW co-exhibited with 24 Regional NSW operators and destinations to showcase the best that Regional NSW has to offer in creating and hosting amazing business events. Hundreds of corporate buyers got to learn more about the fantastic regional meeting facilities, social programs and touring opportunities unique to Regional NSW.
AIME is the leading exhibition for the meetings, incentives and events industry. As the largest international event of its kind in Australia, each year the exhibition invites a community of over 4,000 suppliers and meeting and event planners under one roof in Melbourne. The event turns the exhibition floor into a stage where major industry players meet senior influencers to connect, perform and prosper resulting in over 11,000 fact-to-face meetings over two days.
See what our co-exhibitors said about their experience at AIME 2019.
NSW Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program
The Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program was designed to help stakeholders create new business events and bring existing business events to regional NSW, and enrich the events with opportunities offered by iconic towns and regions while also helping secure successful conferences and events for their future.
The 2017/18 Seed funding, offered between 4 August 2017 and 30 June 2018 (up to a maximum of $100,000), was matched dollar-for-dollar by local communities, councils, entrepreneurs, associations, professional conference organisers etc. Thirty three applicants received funding towards their business events under this Pilot Program.
Stakeholders wanting more information about the current funding program can go to the Business Event Development Fund page under the Resources main menu item.
Destination Network Scholarships
As part of the NSW Government’s $6 million Regional Conferencing Strategy & Action Plan, Destination NSW partnered with Meetings and Events Australia (MEA), the peak body representing the events industry in Australia, to offer six scholarships in 2019 to people in regional NSW to undertake a Diploma of Event Management.
The six 2019 scholarship recipients are:
- Kathy Giddens - Riverina Murray
- Tina Young - Southern NSW
- Jennifer Baldwin - Sydney Surrounds South
- Stacey Martin - Sydney Surrounds North
- Hayley Owen - North Coast
- Tayla Harvey - Country & Outback
The eighteen 2018 scholarship recipients were:
- Rachel Merton – Country and Outback
- Jade Kerin – Country and Outback
- Meredith Abrams – Country and Outback
- Tanya Watts – North Coast
- Anna Podgorczyk – North Coast
- Tayla Mepham – North Coast
- Hannah Fitzsimon – Riverina Murray
- Meghen Harris – Riverina Murray
- Hannah Gebert – Riverina Murray
- Tahlia Braunack – Southern NSW
- Michelle Stuart – Southern NSW
- Brooke Watson – Southern NSW
- Ivan Skaines – Sydney Surrounds North
- Maddie Dean – Sydney Surrounds North
- Emma Tague – Sydney Surrounds North
- Jo Halios-Lewis – Sydney Surrounds South
- Hope Prosser – Sydney Surrounds South
- Samantha Gill – Sydney Surrounds South
For more information regarding the Regional Scholarships program and the application process please go to our Scholarships page.