Below are key outcomes from initiatives of Destination NSW aimed at supporting the development of conferencing and business events in regional NSW.
Destination NSW and 29 regional NSW operators and spectacular destinations, NSW’s largest ever contingent, participated at the Asia Pacific Incentives Meetings Event (AIME) in February 2020 in Melbourne, which is Asia-Pacific’s leading trade show, pitching to bring future business events to regional NSW communities.
A total of 2,500 visitors, 270 corporate buyers and 330 exhibitors attended the three day event with exhibitors holding over 10,500 face-to-face meetings over the period.
Destination NSW and Regional NSW operators participated at the Asia Pacific Incentives Meetings Event (AIME) in February 2019 in Melbourne.
Destination NSW co-exhibited with 24 Regional NSW operators and destinations to showcase the best that Regional NSW has to offer in creating and hosting amazing business events. Hundreds of corporate buyers were delighted to learn more about the fantastic meeting facilities, social programs and touring opportunities unique to Regional NSW.
See what our co-exhibitors said about their experience at AIME 2019.
NSW Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program
The Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program was designed to help stakeholders create new business events and bring existing business events to regional NSW, and enrich the events with opportunities offered by iconic towns and regions while also helping secure successful conferences and events for their future.
The 2017/18 Seed funding, offered between 4 August 2017 and 30 June 2018 (up to a maximum of $100,000), was matched dollar-for-dollar by local communities, councils, entrepreneurs, associations, professional conference organisers etc. Thirty three applicants received funding towards their business events under this Pilot Program.
Stakeholders wanting more information about the current funding program can go to the Business Event Development Fund page under the Resources main menu item.
Destination Network Scholarships
As part of the NSW Government’s $6 million Regional Conferencing Strategy & Action Plan, Destination NSW collaborated with Meetings and Events Australia (MEA), the peak body representing the events industry in Australia, to offer twelve scholarships in 2020 to people in regional NSW to undertake a Diploma of Event Management.
The twelve 2020 scholarship recipients are:
- Leesa Peck - Country & Outback
- Shannan Botten - Country & Outback
- Jumana Schriefer - North Coast
- Lena Mager - North Coast
- Aaron Bykerk - Riverina Murray
- Miriam Hewson - Riverina Murray
- Sara Wightman - Southern NSW
- Stevie Smith - Southern NSW
- James Rodgers - Sydney Surrounds North
- Joe Ann Williams - Sydney Surrounds North
- Kelly Brown - Sydney Surrounds South
- Kersti Martin - Sydney Surrounds South
The six 2019 scholarship recipients were:
- Kathy Giddens - Riverina Murray
- Tina Young - Southern NSW
- Jennifer Baldwin - Sydney Surrounds South
- Stacey Martin - Sydney Surrounds North
- Hayley Owen - North Coast
- Tayla Harvey - Country & Outback
The eighteen 2018 scholarship recipients were:
- Rachel Merton – Country and Outback
- Jade Kerin – Country and Outback
- Meredith Abrams – Country and Outback
- Tanya Watts – North Coast
- Anna Podgorczyk – North Coast
- Tayla Mepham – North Coast
- Hannah Fitzsimon – Riverina Murray
- Meghen Harris – Riverina Murray
- Hannah Gebert – Riverina Murray
- Tahlia Braunack – Southern NSW
- Michelle Stuart – Southern NSW
- Brooke Watson – Southern NSW
- Ivan Skaines – Sydney Surrounds North
- Maddie Dean – Sydney Surrounds North
- Emma Tague – Sydney Surrounds North
- Jo Halios-Lewis – Sydney Surrounds South
- Hope Prosser – Sydney Surrounds South
- Samantha Gill – Sydney Surrounds South
For more information regarding the Regional Scholarships program and the application process please go to our Scholarships page.