Diploma of Event Management Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the following scholarship recipients who have been selected to undertake a SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management via Meetings and Events Australia (MEA).
- Rachel Merton – Country and Outback
- Jade Kerin – Country and Outback
- Meredith Abrams – Country and Outback
- Tanya Watts – North Coast
- Anna Podgorczyk – North Coast
- Brooke Pascoe – North Coast
- Hannah Fitzsimon – Riverina Murray
- Meghen Harris – Riverina Murray
- Hannah Gebert – Riverina Murray
- Tahlia Braunack – Southern NSW
- Michelle Stuart – Southern NSW
- Brooke Watson – Southern NSW
- Ivan Skaines – Sydney Surrounds North
- Maddie Dean – Sydney Surrounds North
- Emma Tague – Sydney Surrounds North
- Jo Halios-Lewis – Sydney Surrounds South
- Hope Prosser – Sydney Surrounds South
- Samantha Gill – Sydney Surrounds South
Destination Network Scholarships
As part of the NSW Government’s $6 million Regional Conferencing Strategy & Action Plan, Destination NSW has partnered with Meetings and Events Australia (MEA), the peak body representing the events industry in Australia. As part of this initiative, eighteen scholarships have been offered to people in regional NSW to undertake a SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management.
Click here to read the Terms & Conditions.
MEA has developed a Diploma of Event Management, which is designed to accommodate study by distance learning for people already working in the events industry in regional NSW.
The new partnership between MEA and Destination NSW will offer eighteen individuals from regional NSW a scholarship worth $6,500 each. The scholarship program will be administered by MEA, Destination NSW and the six regional NSW Destination Networks.
About the Diploma
The Diploma of Event Management consists of 20 Units of Competency which are regarded by industry professionals as the skills essential to delivering successful events. Units include topics such as managing projects, preparing budgets and managing finances, customer service and operational planning.
This course is designed to support those who are working in the industry, which is dynamic and cyclical, and provides the flexibility to study around work commitments. It aims to educate and upskill those who wish to gain practical experience in the Australian events industry. It provides students with access to industry experts and delivers a learning experience that will equip them for a career in event management.