Contentious Character Workshops
About Contentious Character Workshops
Contentious Character is a contemporary cool climate vineyard estate with winery, cellar door, restaurant and event facilities, set in the hills of Wamboin, only 15 minutes from Canberra Airport.
Contentious Character offers your group a variety of team building activities to enjoy, including:
- Vintage Wine Tasting - a non-demanding, fun but educational experience featuring wines from the rare and unique Founders Museum Collection of old world style vintages, and the more recent vintages under the Contentious Character brand - the new kid on the old block, that bring a fresh new world twist to the old world styles
- Holy Trinity of Cheesemaking - Making, Cooking and Pairing, where teams make a cheese and also try various other cheeses with paired wines, finishing with a lunch featuring… cheese! Up to 30 people per session
- Smoking Workshop - your group will learn the basics of smoking meats using our own Smoke House, as well as understand the art of pairing wines with the cured epicurean delicacies
- Holy Trinity of Truffles - Cooking, Preserving and Pairing Truffles with our masterful Chef, your group will learn about preparing this highly sought after and fascinating edible subterranean fungus sourced from local truffieres in the region. Available during Truffle Season, from June 20 - August 20, for up to 30 people per session.
- Riedel Glass Workshop with Lunch or Dinner - 10th generation Georg Riedel says that the “proper glass can function like a loudspeaker for flavours in wines”, and now you can experience why varietal glasses matter. Regardless of your knowledge of wine, a Riedel and Contentious Character Glass Tasting offers you an engaging and educational opportunity to learn how the shape of the glass can affect wines. You will walk away with an enlightened perspective on the sensory experience of wine, a set of glasses and enjoy a group lunch or dinner afterwards, in the barrel room.